Heart to Heart in Honor of World Alzheimer's Day

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

| | |
This is an Incredible Heart to Heart by Cammie over at myblogbycammie.blogspot.com .
Cammie has $1,000 dollars worth of Blog Candy being given away for one lucky person who participates in the Heart to Heart in honor of World Alzheimer’s Day last Sunday Sept 21.

This is a card that will be sent to my friend who worked in an old folks home. She started working their when we were in High School and she's always been willing to help others. What an incredible person, she makes me want to do more service to those in need.

A personal note: This is something I will likely develop when I am older. For now life is amazing and wonderful but I can't help but dread the day that I can't remember who I am or any part of my life. I've seen the fear and worry of this disease take away happiness from people who would otherwise be happy. I don't want to let the eventuality of this eat at me, because thats too much of my life gone. I pray modern medicine is able to make leaps and bounds as concerned with this disease.

The paper is a basic black embossed with the "twigs" folder on the cuttlebug. The Ribbon is self adheisive by...! The paper is from "My Big Idea"s Fall Stack and the Letters are by the same person as the ribbon, I'll have to investigate who is the genius behind self adhesive embellishments, cause I'm officially a fan. I rubbed a silver crayon over the embossing to make it pop and colored a few of the branches with red and gold for hope, thought the pics don't seem to emphasize this. Small side note: I'd like it better if it was gold...
apologies for all the pics, the metal embellishment made it hard to get one nice shot, and knowing me the best one is crooked.


0 comments: