Spoilage

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

| | |
DH temporarily revoked my craft store grounding, not that I blame him for grounding me in the first place, and let me get a few items with some Birthday money and gift cards. New favorite thing in the world, gift cards to craft stores, someone was a genius.

Anyway, the new acquirements included a fall paper stack, a Cuttlebug and a few embossing templates and a few embellishments. Officially, I am spoiled, and I both don’t have room and don’t want any more things for a while. Ah the fall binge, its coded into my brain as one of the best times to go shopping, not for sales, but for new quantity. Poor Ryan, but when I started playing with the Cuttlebug he was pretty fascinated by the machine too, and I’ve been really impressed so far, its been super easy to use, and the parts are fairly economical.

So my versus,
Cricut vs.

Amazing yes but, the mats are 10.00 for new ones and wear out after major cutting projects.
Extensive youtube videos have convinced me that the cricut is very versatile.
Of the many things you can make with it are:
Stamps
ChipBoard
a ton of varieted dies
metal imprinting
vinyl lettering
it draws if you get the markers

So one of my favorite things it isn’t able to do is texturize, and that is pretty unfortunate in my eyes.

Cuttlebug, (cricut minus design studio)

Affordable
None of the parts seem really able to wear out
only imprints one size, don’t get me wrong, its awesome, and the cricut has spoiled me with my seemingly limitless choice selections.
I think one could do metal imprinting
really makes the paper pop


So how dare I compare two incredibly awesome machines? But one can’t help it, for instance, why would a poor starving college student get two machines that did pretty much the same thing? So of course I have to rationalize, and dream of a day when I have time to work on my many imagined projects…

And the reason for the delay in getting Design Studio, it only works on PC’s, which last time I checked, most of the artistic world has converted to Mac’s, so I’m boycotting until it is available for the Mac, call it will power, but it seems silly for a program to be PC capable and not Mac, simply for the versatility and creative capability of the Machine.

I was explaining to someone once, the difference between a PC and a Mac, its simple

PC’s are for people who have a cluttered desktop, can’t think outside of the box and are uninventive, i.e. most of corporate America

Mac’s are for people who like clean desktops, infinite possibilities, and are very creative i.e. artists and people who would use that capability.

So, how does Provocraft justify not having Design Studio, a program that would fully benefit from the many possibilities, not compatable with something created to make the creative process easier.

0 comments: