Contenting Myself to be Content

Thursday, July 31, 2008

| | |
I got to the end of MEE’s book on contentment again and I was happily surprised by the ending like I always am. Most of the chapters have me pondering how to simplify, but the last chapter is always great as it says we should enjoy what we have and share with others. It makes me feel a lot better about what I have so long as I keep a tally on what is used and what is not.

When clothes have gotten so beaten down its kind of nice to get rid of them, it means there is room for more, and typically worn clothes should be retired because they do no one a service by staying in the closet, and typically they are the clothes that are not flattering because they do not fit. And getting rid of them means the promise of more, I know I’m terrible. So clothes are not an issue, as I have Ryan as a watch dog, but books are my weakness, and most of these books for my major, typically all paperback and worn, but they hold something infinitely more dear, my comments at the time on the literature.

Its like a time travel device when I’ll look for a passage and see comments scrawled all over the page, and even better I see how much I have learned, am still learning and hope to yet learn.

I utilize the library a lot because of the lack space, and I do not like to reread entire books and its just a lot more economical for me in general. If I did not have so many books each semester this would not be a problem, but when I think of all the books already being stored and see my disheveled bookcases, baskets and other odd book storing items, it makes me realize; I have a problem.

Hello my name is Angie Meeks and I am a book hoarder.

Well this means I need a box to put the less used ones in until I have a book room.

0 comments: