Domesticity and The Modern Me

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

| | |
I recall a time when crafts and other domestic activities made me shie away, and now, I've come a long way although, when it comes to scrapbooking I'm still trying to suppress the urge. The reason, scrapbooking is rather expensive. There is always a new gadget that makes things easier and it seems being content with what one has is a rarity.

However, the links posted on the sides are filled with adorable and creative ideas that really impress me. A lot of the things are pretty inovative and not to drastic which makes them so fun to read and try. One of my favorite ideas is my cousins finding in using soft drink lids to make pretty punch outs for really adorable cards.

Last Christmas my mom gave me a Cricut, a very very extravagant item for one so young as myself, and decidedly spearheaded me into the crafting world. Still not a scrapbooker, but an avid card maker and inspired daily by the craftiness of others.

One of my favorite ways of being crafty is watching other people use the cricut, because functions I'd never thought of using it for, have now become my favorite. So thanks to all those who have inspired me and convinced me that, even I, can be crafty.

0 comments: