Questing for Contentment

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

| | |
I'm looking at the wish list to the side and feeling guilty. For the past 2-3 years I've been reading and rereading "You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need: The Quest for Contentment", and now I realize how much of a rollercoaster that is for me. It seems to hold a pattern with how clean my apartment is as opposed to when its a bit more messy and I can see everything but can't find anything.

Well since we've lived in our apartment we've rearranged the furniture over 3 times. I still feel its pretty dark and would welcome any suggestions on lighting up the area. When the windows are open we don't get a lot of sun because we are hidden behind the foliage of a big tree.

I keep seeing mirrors, but the frames are dark, and I really want to bring in vibrant colors or more of an antique style. Thus far I'm pretty stuck and would welcome any suggestions. Also, somehow I want another floor lamp but making my own lampshade seems timely and daunting.

Any super quick and easy ideas?

1 comments:

Brad & Mary said...

Mirrors are the answer with correct lighting- talk with mom:) Mirrors are pretty cheep and you can always change the frame.