Firsts

Friday, June 26, 2009

| | |
So this card has a lot of firsts for me. It's the first time I have cut out a stamped item for a card. I really liked the result, so me thinks that there will be some paper piecing in my future. It the first time I have threaded through a button. First project after the big clean sweep of my craft area. So really just a lot of firsts. And its the first time sewing on paper! I know, kind of kidish of me, but I couldn't not use my hand held sewer that was found at a rummage sale when I was in Wisconsin. It was only a dollar and its very very small and portable. Mary would even be hard pressed to tell me it was a stupid expenditure.



And its the first card picture I've taken during a nice sunny day. I was home for lunch and thought I'd take some pics before I send it on its merry way.

Hurray for a whole new lot of firsts.

Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, DP Basic Grey 'Wisteria'
Supplies: Vintage Button, Twine, Handheld Sewer, Cuttlebug Textiles folder
Ink: Colorbox Winter White, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot

2 comments:

Brad & Mary said...

Ange- It's a beautiful card, and make sure that new sewing tool has a place to be put away in your craft closet:)

Kylee Jane said...

EEEE.....LOVE IT!