Life is what it is, and so why not live it in color?

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

| | |

I had to make a project that defined my identity, well I was completely at a lose for words, so I made this little project. Daunting at first but with the help of my friend Kapri who can make boxes in her sleep and is an Origami pro all around it came together rather nicely. Ironically everyone else in my class turned in poems and papers, mine was definitely different from all other projects handed in.

But I guess that was my point, if you read the poem after my explanation it states that I don't want to define myself as that would be a limitation to who I really am. I think I cried before I decided to make a crafty project, cause I don't think its fair to try to define people, we are always changing. I felt like it was a cold dive back into the nightmare of my sophmore and junior year of high school.




Nostalgia is a bitter thing, it has its pro's and cons and can be a good thing, but one can't live the present pining too deeply for the past. It isn't healthy to spend too much time analyzing the past and the things we would change with new found knowledge.


Life is what it is, and so why not live it in color? Dress up an other wise straight forward paper with all of the passion found from all other aspects of life?



I was really happy with this project after I got it back, my stomach did a bit of a toss and turn before I handed it in, but why should I be afraid to show all of my true colors? I don't want to, I want to be exactly who I am, I'm happy being this girl and life has never been better.
Supplies: DCWV Rock Star DP(cover) Embossed with Cuttlebug Folder "You", Ribbon ?? Rub Ons ?? DP inside MY Big Idea 'Fall Stack'




0 comments: