Winners and Aspirations

Thursday, March 5, 2009

| | |
Winners: Erica and Shanna, Call me to set up a time to go through the items, they are yours as promised.

I'm just itching, this weekend is full of fun oppurtunities! And my fll nerdiness will be unveiled. I'm planning on turning one of our closets as my closet nook. Which means, no more dragging everything out and cleaning it back up, it means a nook and a SPOT for this aspect of my life. Ryan agreed to this project a while ago, but I don't think he knows that I'm doing it this weekend.

I'm thoroughly excited and quite giddy and I figure I can listen to those tedious online lectures while I'm organizing and creating my space.

So I've been thinking of other aspirations, some that seem like they aren't really coming from me, but who or what I've become. The dream has always been to be a Children's lit editor, I mean, thats what I'm in school for right? I've realized a few things about my self, I don't want to be limited to just one oppurtunity, I want to do many things, and some of these things as of late are highly tied to crafting.

I've heard people call Utah the "craft mecca" of the world, but all of the really phenomenal products don't come from utah a lone, and one has a terrible selection at most local salt lake craft stores unless one goes to specialty stores, specializing in only one aspect.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she asked me where I get my supplies and it both alarmed and irritated me that I had to go so many places and order from so many websites. So my proposal, what if there was a place where people could meet to craft, get help and socialize with others, and buy ALL of their supplies in ONE place?

Could use all of the tools for a fee, but not actually have to own it all at their house.

Dare I to dream?

2 comments:

Shan said...

Hooray!!! Thanks Ange! I'll call soon.

Erica said...

YAY! Thank you!! I'm so excited! I would love to get together anytime...this week is looking fairly quiet. I'm home most of the day. Saturdays are probably best because Stan's home to watch the kids while you and I could play and maybe hit a scrapbook store or two. Email me at stanleyanderica@comcast.net and we'll set up a time! :o) As far as colors go...I love pretty much anything!